First full week in May every year (May 7 – 11, 2018)
How to show your
Subs you love them!
National Substitute Teacher Appreciation Week (SubWeek) is five days dedicated to the hundreds of thousands of wonderful individuals that fill in for permanent teachers everyday in the United States. This week is meant to be celebrated in conjunction with Teacher Appreciation Week. The dates coincide with the first full week in May. The success of this week is all up to you, and here is what you can do to keep your best individuals as substitute teachers.
View the How to Prepare for SubWeek Webinar at: STEDI.org/Webinars/
STEP 1: Invite your subs to enter the contest!
Please invite your substitute teachers to participate in our great giveaway. If you don’t invite them, they won’t be entered to win. Send them to:
STEP 2: Download these free ideas!
- SubWeek Planning Schedule
- Activities for schools, administrators, and faculty
- Activities for parents, students, community
- Activities for districts and personnel offices
- Featured daily activities for SubWeek
- Helping substitute teachers feel appreciated
- National Substitute Teacher Recognition Week
- Public service announcement – 30 seconds
- Public service announcement – 60 seconds
- Sample “Letter to the Editor”
- Sample press release
- Listen to an interview with Tricia Griffeth of Hays CISD