June 27-29, 2018
Jackson Lake Lodge –
Jackson Hole Wyoming
$495 ($595 after April 30, 2018)
Deadline for Presenters:
April 30, 2018
What attendees are saying about SubSolutions
If you are unable to attend all three days of SubSolutions 2018,
we now offer a 1, 2 or 3 day pass!
Two-day pass ……………….$345
Since 1995, the annual SubSolutions conferences have been valuable for hundreds of administrators and managers to learn how to handle the difficult challenges schools and staffing agencies face in managing substitute teaching.
It’s just not the individual substitute teachers, it’s teacher absenteeism, the automated phone systems, the Affordable Care Act, the practices, policies and procedures of the school district, it’s the economy – well, you get the picture.
The session presentations come from school districts and organizations who are working with these challenges each and every day as well as the latest research conducted by STEDI.org.
For two and a half days, we focus on your challenges and how to solve them in a very intimate environment, and this year, in a very beautiful setting.
It’s a win-win situation in Park City, so register today, and bring your boss to SubSolutions!
YOU WILL LEARN
- Best practices in the management of substitute teaching
- How other districts handle the same issues you are facing
- How to do more with fewer people
- Reduce complaints and increase effectiveness of subs
- Increase fill rates even on the worst days
- Automate the hiring process for substitute teachers
- Find, recruit, and encourage the best to become subs
- Substitute Teacher Shortage
- How districts are recruiting
- How to increase fill rates
- District policies that encourage teacher attendance
- Growing our own: from aids to alternative certification
- Where does substitute teaching fit in the HR?
- Affordable Care Act – Are fewer hours the answer?
- Certified, bachelor, 60-hour, high school – What should the qualifications of substitute teachers be?
- Managing the sub office like a temporary staffing agency. What we can learn from insourcing.
- Are permanent subs gone with ACA?
CALL FOR PRESENTERS
No matter your experience with implementing a new policy or practice, others need to hear what works and what doesn’t. Submit to present or be a part of a panel discussion and receiving discount off your registration fee.
Download Presenter Application Form Here
How to book your room
We have reserved a block of rooms at discounted rates. But you must book before May 28, 2018. Call Jackson Lake Lodge at 307-543-3100 and tell them the group name is SubSolutions 2018.
101 Jackson Lake Lodge Road, Moran, WY 83013
Located near Moran in Grand Teton National Park, east of Jackson Lake, adjacent to prime moose habitat below the Jackson Lake Dam. Owned by the National Park Service. Listed as a National Historic Landmark. Designed by architect Gilbert Stanley Underwood. Completed in 1955. Heated outdoor pool.
Wednesday, June 27, 2018
Jackson Hole Expedition
Enjoy the sites of the old west town of Jackson with its shops and a stage coach ride, then enjoy the dinner and music of the Bar J Wranglers.
Thursday, June 28, 2018
Yellowstone National Park Expedition
The workshop starts very early this day so we can take an afternoon tour of the famous Yellowstone National Park to see elk, buffalo, wolves and yes . . . bear!
Things to do while at the Conference
Jackson Hole is about 45 minutes from the Jackson Lake Lodge. www.jacksonholechamber.com
National Elk Refuge
Hunt, fish, view wildlife or take pictures.
Bar J Chuckwagon
Supper and western music and comedy show.
Rafting and River Trips
Float down the Snake River for a relaxing expedition or take a white water rafting adventure.
Go to the Teton County Fairgrounds on Wednesday and Saturday.
Jackson Hole Playhouse
Enjoy a Western comedy, dinner theatre and live shoot-out. www.jacksonplayhouse.com
Venture into the past of the American West on the Teton covered wagon train.
National Museum of Wildlife Art
See more than 5,000 works of art of wild animals from around the world.
Jackson Hole Historical Society and Museum
Explore the archaeology and the history of the Native Americans.
Fishing and Hunting
Go alone or hire a guide. But don’t forget to get a Wyoming license. https://wgfd.wyo.gov/apply-or-buy
Ride a mountain bike down at one
of many ski resorts.