What attendees are saying about SubSolutions
If you are unable to attend all three days of SubSolutions 2017,
we now offer a 1, 2 or 3 day pass!
Two-day pass ……………….$345
Since 1995, the annual SubSolutions conferences have been valuable for hundreds of administrators and managers to learn how to handle the difficult challenges schools and staffing agencies face in managing substitute teaching.
It’s just not the individual substitute teachers, it’s teacher absenteeism, the automated phone systems, the Affordable Care Act, the practices, policies and procedures of the school district, it’s the economy – well, you get the picture.
The session presentations come from school districts and organizations who are working with these challenges each and every day as well as the latest research conducted by STEDI.org.
For two and a half days, we focus on your challenges and how to solve them in a very intimate environment, and this year, in a very beautiful setting.
It’s a win-win situation in Park City, so register today, and bring your boss to SubSolutions!
YOU WILL LEARN
- Best practices in the management of substitute teaching
- How other districts handle the same issues you are facing
- How to do more with fewer people
- Reduce complaints and increase effectiveness of subs
- Increase fill rates even on the worst days
- Automate the hiring process for substitute teachers
- Find, recruit, and encourage the best to become subs
- Substitute Teacher Shortage
- How districts are recruiting
- How to increase fill rates
- District policies that encourage teacher attendance
- Growing our own: from aids to alternative certification
- Where does substitute teaching fit in the HR?
- Affordable Care Act – Are fewer hours the answer?
- Certified, bachelor, 60-hour, high school – What should the qualifications of substitute teachers be?
- Managing the sub office like a temporary staffing agency. What we can learn from insourcing.
- Are permanent subs gone with ACA?
CALL FOR PRESENTERS
No matter your experience with implementing a new policy or practice, others need to hear what works and what doesn’t. Submit to present or be a part of a panel discussion and receiving discount off your registration fee.
Download Presenter Application Form Here
Wednesday, June 28, 2017 – Park City
Concert listings coming soon
Park City Farmer’s Market – Noon – 6:00 pm, Canyons Village Cabriolet Lot, Canyons Resort (1815 Canyons Resort Dr., Park City, UT)
Tanger Outlets – ‘til 9:00 pm
Park City Mountain Resort – ‘til 8:00 pm – Alpine Slide, Alpine Coaster, Zip Lines, Chair Lift rides, Legacy Launcher, miniature golf – varied prices and packages:
Utah Olympic Park – bobsled rides ($75) – ‘til 5:00 pm; extreme zipline ($20) – ‘til 6:00 pm; Alpine Slide ($20) – ‘til 6:00 pm
Thursday, June 29, 2017 – Salt Lake City
Temple Square – ‘til 9:00 pm – Tabernacle and North and South Visitors’ Centers
- Beehive House – ‘til 8:30 (last tour begins at 8:15 p.m.)
- Joseph Smith Memorial Building – ‘til 9:00 – FamilySearch Center; Legacy Theater is showing Meet the Mormons, a film which examines the diverse lives of six devout members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
(5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.).
- Conference Center – ‘til 9:00 pm – Tours (last tour at 8:00 pm) https://www.lds.org/locations/temple-square-conference-center
City Creek Center shopping – ‘til 9:00 pm (also has Cheesecake Factory) http://www.shopcitycreekcenter.com/
Salt Lake City Bees
(schedule available soon)
Other things to do in Salt Lake City: